- July 5 - 2.0 miles on the Patriots Path near Chester NJ while geocaching with Julia (8 finds).
- July 5 - 2.0 miles on the blue trail in Veterans Park, Roxbury township NJ while geocaching (7 finds).
- June 16 - 3.0 miles on the Seneca Creek trail at Seneca Rocks, WV.
- June 15 - 11.3 miles in the Dolly Sods wilderness, doing the Dolly Sods North Circuit hike.
- June 14 - 8.9 miles on the Huckleberry trail at Spruce Knob, WV.
- June 1 - 2.2 miles in the Woodlawn tract near home with Grace.
- May 4 - 4 miles in the Woodlawn tract near home, tracking down some geocaches in the woods.
- April 28 - 7.1 miles hiking the Falls Trail and the Highlands Trail in Ricketts Glen State Park (PA). This is the famous waterfall hike that we have been wanting to do for a long time. Spectacular.
Total miles documented: 8 (plus Acadia)
- September - Acadia. details to follow.
- March 7 - 8 miles of walking and geocaching on the Enola Low-Grade Line trail SW of Atglen, near Lancaster PA.
Total miles documented: 21.6
- August 29 - A mini hike with the kids. 1.5 Miles on the Cornucopia Trail in Middletown Township, PA. A loop through woods and fields around a residential neighborhood.
- June 24 - Mount Jo and Rocky Falls on the Indian Pass Trail, Adirondacks High Peaks region, 6.7 miles. Short tough stretches on the mountain, easy otherwise. Fantastic panoramic view from the top of Mount Jo.
- June 22 - Van Hoevenberg trail from Wilderness Campground at Adirondack Loj partway to Mt Marcy. Adirondacks High Peaks region, NY. 8.8 miles total. A grueling slog.
- June 21 - Indian Pass Trail to Rocky Falls, out and back. Adirondacks High Peaks region, NY. 4.6 miles. Nice fairly level hike with beautiful waterfall and swimming hole at the end.
Dakotas trip hiking was clearly the highlight of the year, but there were a few other nice ones mixed in.
Total miles documented: 29.9 (thus far, with more catch up to do).
- December 28 - Batona Trail/Mullica River loop. Pine Barrens, NJ. 12.9 miles. Flat but long. A little more tiring than you would think because of slogging through very sandy soil at times.
- xxx (more Dakotas trip hikes to go here) xxx
- August 1 - Sylvan Lake/Harney Peak/Little Devils Tower trails. South Dakota. 9 miles. Pretty long, some nice climbs, and good heat. A tiring day.
- July 31 - Lookout Point/Centennial Trails. Wind Cave SP, South Dakota. 4.8 miles. Even more brutal because of the heat, but not difficult terrain at all.
- July 30 - Saddle Rock Trail. Scotts Bluff, Nebraska. 3.2 miles. Brutal in the heat, but not because of the modest climbs.
Included lots of little geocaching hikes that I did not record...
Total miles documented: 34.6
- November 21 - French Creek State Park (Raccoon and Mill Creek trails?). Berks and Chester counties, PA. 7.2 miles. A very nice hike; nothing too strenuous.
- November 19 - Indian Orchard Park. Middletown, PA (Delco). 2.2 miles. A stroll in a nice park.
- November 1 - Appalachian Trail. Both sides of Port Clinton, PA. 5.5 miles. Includes some very steep climbs out of the gap.
- June 29 - Pinchot trail day 3, the last 6.7 miles. A great 3 days of spruce, hemlock and hardwood forests, azaleas and rhododendrons, and blueberry bushes.
- June 28 - Pinchot trail day 2, another 12.0 miles to a campsite along Choke Creek.
- June 27 - Thornhurst tract of the Lackawanna State Forest - 1.0 miles on the Pinchot trail. Day 1 of a 3 day backpacking trip. The first day was just to get away from the parking lot on a Sunday evening prior to 2 bigger days to follow. Camped above Spring Run.