Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ren Faire - Part 2

Of the many little shows that we saw throughout the afternoon, Paolo Garbanzo, world renowned (?!) juggler, was probably my favorite. The show only lasted about 20 minutes, which seemed to be typical of many of the shows, and was a nice mix of fire juggling with audience participation (which the kids loved) and ribald humor (which went way over the heads but I thought was funny). He was a very talented juggler, and was very funny as well.
Isaac Fawlkes, magician, as another nice act. He did the usual assortment of making things appear and disappear, but some of his tricks were pretty slick, and once again the kids loved it.
Here are me and the girls having successfully made our way through the maze, and watching from the balcony as others stumble around lost. Being six feet tall helped in places or we might have gotten stuck more than we did.

As it was Scottish weekend, they were taking volunteers from the crowd for caber tossing, the wikipedia entry for which can be found here. This was fun to watch (for a short period of time), and consisted of men flipping pieces of telephone pole around the jousting ring. It looked intriguing trying to get it to flip just right, but as I watched all I could think was "bulging disc"and "hernia." No guts, no glory (or...since I didn't want to see my own guts, I wasn't going for the glory).
There was also of course lots of music...
...and fancy things for Grace, my fancy girl.
Up next...the Joust!

No comments:

Post a Comment