So my painting goal, and hobby goal in general, for 2012 is to embrace my inner attention-deficit self and do whatever I feel like, whenever I feel like it, with absolutely no goal or deadline in mind. I will revel in my lack of focus.
Over the last few weeks, I have painted in small chunks of time with some regularity after the girls have gone to bed. I have worked on:
- Ottoman medieval heavy infantry
- Ottoman janissary archers
- Warhammer 40k tyranids (sci fi "bugs" like in Alien)
- Warhammer 40k Imperial Guard troops (for generic sci fi "bug" hunters)
- Warhammer Empire knights (just because I like the figures)
- Warhammer Undead army troops of various kinds (again just because I like the figures, and wouldn't mind doing some medieval-ish Night of the Living Dead skirmish game at some point)
- Seven Years War artillery and crew
I've also spent a lot of time re-basing 15mm Napoleonics to prepare for a LaSalle game we are going to have tomorrow night.
I like my new approach. And given that this new approach is really no approach at all, I think I can actually stick to this one...