Saturday, August 6, 2016

Australian Pink Floyd

I had an interesting concert experience yesterday. Anthony and I saw Australian Pink Floyd at the Tower Theater in Upper Darby.

This is my second experience with a tribute band (the first being The Musical Box doing a Genesis show), and to be honest, I went into it with modest expectations. I like Pink Floyd music quite a bit, but will admit to not knowing too much of their less famous stuff. I don't own any of their albums, and never have (which I think makes me one of the few rock music fans in the world that never owned Dark Side of the Moon).

All in all, it was a great show. They had drummer and keyboards in the back. Three backing vocalists (some of whom tour with real Pink Floyd). A lead guitarist on each side, a bass player who sang a lot of the David Gilmour parts, and a vocalist who played some guitar and sang a lot of the Roger Waters parts.
Aussie Pink Floyd

These guys are famous for a reason (having been doing this for a long time). Musicianship was fantastic. Vocals were good. Stage show, video screens and lighting were elaborate and terrific. The lead guitarists in specific were unbelievably good.
Aussie Pink Floyd again

A few links from the show I was at:
Thanks to Anthony and a couple of good shows, I think I might be getting over my inherent aversion to tribute bands. I got to see a great concert, hear the Pink Floyd greatest hits catalog performed live, saw a great stage show, and only paid a modest ticket price. Sure, it was't Pink Floyd, but it was a very enjoyable evening in its own right. Take it for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment