Tuesday, December 4, 2018

SAS - Organizing and Cataloging

One of my stated short-attention-span goals before the end of the year was to review the cataloging and organization/storage of my now-pretty-big D&D miniatures collection. This turned out to be more work than I had thought it would be, but I finished this effort earlier tonight.

In short...wow, I've collected a lot of D&D miniatures over the last 4+ years. And it turns out that I hadn't been doing as good a job keeping track of them as I thought I had been doing. I keep a spreadsheet. Or it turns out I was keeping most of a spreadsheet.
D&D Miniatures Collection

Anyway, that's all fixed for now. Every miniature cataloged, accounted for, organized and filed away in storage boxes. Compartmented storage boxes are a wonderful thing, as is a good spreadsheet. If you're into that sort of thing. Which I most definitely am (as those who know me will attest!).

As of now, the collection totals 1,071 figures. Yikes. Not a typo... That is an average of roughly 22 figures a month for 4 years. My one main splurging vice really. Fortunately, a good number of these figures come from "bottom feeding" on eBay, buying stuff at its cheapest, and in batches. Not everything though, to be sure. In addition to a couple of eBay stores as my primary purchase avenue,  also do buy a few blind boxes at the Games Keep store in West Chester for ranges I know I like and have little of yet, but I don't do much of this. I like to buy what I want, not what chance provides me. That being said, I have gotten some treasures (relatively speaking) in the few blind boxes I have bought, and they are fun to open.

Perhaps sometime soon I will post some of the rarer or favorite figures I have collected.

No comments:

Post a Comment