Friday, May 14, 2021

Camera Issues

I have a problem, or at least something that I will need to adapt to. Admittedly, it's not much of a problem in the overall scheme of problems that one can have.

The camera on an iPhone 12 is too good.

With a crappy old (but perfectly serviceable) iPhone 6, I could take a picture of anything I had been painting, in virtually any light or time of day, and get a usable shot for posting here. The biggest issue was that pictures taken at night in artificial light were yellowish compared to reality, so the better pictures were taken during the day.

I finally got a new phone, and now when I take spur of the moment pictures of whatever I happen to have on my easel at the time, I get photos that are...too good. 

This little 6 by 8 inch sketch of a farmhouse in the fields shows little but the weave of the canvas.

Farmhouse near Longwood Gardens

This 8 by 10 sketch of bright green spring fields and trees shows little but the glare of daylight from the nearby window and individual brush strokes.

Springtime

I will have to figure out where and when I can take pictures of my paintings (and presumably anything else) that doesn't turn into an unflattering microscope view...

No comments:

Post a Comment