Saturday, October 9, 2021

Late Summer Sunrise

After working on something larger, coming back to a small canvas is always...I don't know...comforting?

Late Summer Sunrise (oils on canvas panel, 8 x 10)

This was primarily an exercise in trying to keep things loose and paying attention to my brushstrokes. I think this was more successful in the center "light" strip and the lower left, and less so in the upper and lower right.

As I look at this photo while writing the post, there are a few things that I don't like at all, and I may try to fix them. For something this small, I generally won't do that, but there are enough things about this that I like such that I feel like an attempted "fix" might be worthwhile.

Against my better judgement, I went back over this one (a half hour after the first pass).

Late Summer Sunrise, take 2...

I think it helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment