Wednesday, May 18, 2022

So Close to Graduating

The ramp-up to Grace's graduation has been a surreal time. There are AP exams. Days of watching movies in class. College tours. Choosing a school and accepting college admissions. Senior Awards nights. Band banquets. Drama Club banquets. Graduation parties. Lots of "lasts". Last Drama performance. Last band concert. Last chorus concert...

Drum Major Grace

But every now and then a small thing hits me like a ton of bricks.

I was recently sent the above picture taken by "T-Bone", the beloved official photographer of many Garnet Valley sports teams and related organizations, including the marching band...

Grace told me she likes the picture but her hair is weird. I told her "that is backlighting", and with a wanna-be artist's eye, it's what makes the picture.

Maybe she understands.

Maybe she thinks her hair still looks weird.

I think it is one of the best pictures we have of her high school years...

No comments:

Post a Comment