Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Geocaching recap - 1st half of 2014

Every now and then I like to take a snapshot of where I am with some geocaching numbers, and now that I am actually doing a little of this again, it makes sense to take a status check ending the first half of 2014.
Geocaching vampire graves...

My modest achievements year to date:
  • I started the year with 1045 finds and have added 72 to get to 1117. This would put me on a similar pace to last year, when I had 120 finds.
  • 1 new state (West Virginia) to get to 23.
  • 6 new calendar dates to get to 285 out of 366.
  • 9 new counties to get to 87 different ones (5 PA, 2 VA and 2 WV). I like the new states and the new counties; in a way it means I am getting out and about and seeing new things.
  • 5 new counties in my home state of Pennsylvania, to get to a total of 26. Many more to go, but all in the central and western (farther) parts of the state.
  • My total cache-to-cache distance is nearing 28,000 miles, which is approximately 1.12 times the circumference of the Earth. So that's kind of cool. And those business trips to far off states help immensely.
...and geocaching tanks

As I have said before, I have no specific goals, but do want to make sure that as I go to new places and see different things, that I take the time to find a few caches here and there. Quality over quantity. From that perspective, so far so good in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment