Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Sanctuary Maps - Providence

This badly lit, off-centered picture (taken at my desk during a thunderstorm), is as far as I have gotten with the map for the area around Providence in the world of Sanctuary.

Given that this was thrown together as a quick sketch of a world for a West Marches style "exploring" game, this is as far as I would go ahead of time. I wanted the framework of a region with the major geographic features laid out, but with very little detail. Depending on what the group adventuring in this world wanted to focus on, the world would develop differently.
Providence region (14 by 17 inches, at 6 miles per inch)

Since this will likely never amount to anything more than this sketch, it will end here. Most likely anyway. The few thoughts that I have about some of the locations on this map will soon fade from my memory. That being said, it was an enjoyable exercise in a specific kind of mapping style, and was a nice way to kill a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment