Thursday, October 29, 2020

Two More Little Paintings

On Tuesday night I did two more small studies in acrylics. I think (I'm forgetful in my advancing years!) that these are both also done after works by Isaac Levitan. If not...I apologize, but I'm too lazy to go back and credit them properly. Could be Benjamin Haughton, but I don't think so... (that's Thursday night's painting).

The first is a shoreline scene on a 9 by 12 canvas panel. I think this is one of the paintings that comes closest to the style that I would like to paint in at this point. I like this one about as well as anything I have done...

Shoreline

The second is a small 6 by 8 canvas panel... I like this but I might go back and tweak the top of the tree line a little bit. It bothers me because it looks too uniform. [Edit - tree line has been tweaked] 

Fields and Distant Treeline

Anyway, happy Thursday, and don't forget to vote.


No comments:

Post a Comment