Friday, January 15, 2021

It's a New Year...

...and yet in many ways, it still feels like the old year.

We mainly stay at home. We worry about the future. We wish things were different. Lots of things. Grace's remaining year and a half in high school. Julia's venturing out into the wide world. Not getting sick and dying. So for these days, pretty much the usual.

On the plus side, despite the very significant challenges we are facing, our federal government will soon be led by an adult, and not...whatever it is we have had for the past four years. Misogynistic, narcissistic, psychopathic, racist, fascist, incompetent grifter. But I digress...

Amp has gotten her first dose of the Moderna vaccine as a frontline healthcare worker. Grace may be able to get vaccinated soon as a part time worker in a retirement community (one of the vaccines is age 16 and up). We believe in vaccines. We don't believe that the vaccines will give the government the ability to mind-control us. They already have super-duper super-top-secret military satellites for that...

In the meantime, I work. Lots of extra hours, which is the down side of a semi-permanent work at home arrangement. My office is now never more than about 50 feet from anywhere in the house...

I'm painting some. I'll share more on my recent attempts soon, but in the meantime, I ordered some frames from Jerry's Artarama and had Amp pick the paintings she wanted to use the frames on.

So we have three small 8 by 10 paintings in the entry hall near the front door (two acrylics and one oil), and one 16 by 20 in the basement.

Three 8 by 10's

They look nice framed, and it feels kinda nice to have something I created hanging on the walls of my home.

A 16 by 20

If nothing else, it gives me some motivation to try to create something better...

Stay safe, and be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment