Thursday, December 3, 2009

Miniatures Planning - December 4, 2009

After letting some thoughts percolate for a while, and having gotten in a good Medieval Warfare game in the meantime, I have decided that my next project will be a two-pronged approach to complete both my Hundred Years War and Wars of the Roses armies.

I will work on finishing the HYW armies myself. Preliminary review would have the following still needing to be completed:
  • Make about 20 stands of archer stakes for my English.
  • Paint 30 English dismounted men at arms.
  • Paint 30-40 French dismounted men at arms.
  • Paint 30 French pavisier spearmen.
  • Paint 24 English foot hobilars.
  • Paint 4 Spanish jinetes.
  • Paint 18-20 French mounted men at arms.
  • Order specific banners from the Flag Dude (see link in Links section).
  • Finish flocking and seal coating all the bases.
  • Maybe make some more movement trays.

This would finish all the HYW fig stock I have on hand. I don't really need to buy anything else, so if I can get this painting done, I will be able to run a game that will pretty well fill my 8' x 6' table. As a bonus, many of these figures will be able to serve double duty in my upcoming Ottoman project, such as Nicopolis 1396, which included many western Europeans.

Finishing the War of the Roses project will be a partial cop out - I am in the process of prepping a batch of figures to send to Fernando Enterprises in Sri Lanka. This will primarily be retinue archers and billmen in specific livery colors. In the 2 months or so that that order will be in progress, I will try to complete my HYW painting. If I can keep to that time table, or close to it, I will be in a good position to paint the remainder of the WOR cavalry and leader figures myself in late winter/early spring 2010.

If all goes well and I give myself 3 months for each project, I should be done by the end of May 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment