Friday, February 26, 2010

Snow Update

Twenty-one consecutive days of snow covering the ground, which I think is more than I have ever seen in my lifetime. We were supposed to get another big storm last night, the fourth of the winter, and third this month. Expected snowfalls were anywhere in the 6 to 18 inch range, with damaging high winds. We did pretty well all things considered, getting maybe 6 inches of drifting snow, and the high winds but without any damage here at home. We should have this snow on the ground for at least several more days, more if the cold weather holds. With the possibility of a bit more in a few days. Ugh. I've had enough.

At least I'm glad I don't live up near my boss, in New York state just above the New Jersey state line: he got 2-3 FEET last night.

As Dave has pointed out over on his blog, cabin fever is definitely setting in, and I don't mind a cold weather hike, but have no interest in slogging through the snow or resulting melted muck. We may not have good hiking weather for a month...

No comments:

Post a Comment