Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wargaming Gridlock

I have done very little hobby-related work recently, and the picture here shows part of the reason why.

Little projects have gotten started, then tabled (literally).

We had house guests, which necessitated the temporary dismantling of my painting table in order to protect the contents from small children and vice versa. So that all ended up on the gaming table and hasn't made its way back to where it belongs yet.

I have also been making sporadic progress on the ton of basing that I have gotten behind on. Not great progress, but a little bit. All of that work in progress is here too, represented by trays containing large parts of my Hundred Years War and Wars of the Roses collections.

Lastly, the game of LaSalle that we played back in the summer energized me on 15mm Napoleonics, so I pulled out all my stuff. Rebased some. Finished others. Inventoried everything. Bought a few packs of painted stuff from Gajo. Sent a bunch of stock to Fernando Enterprises to have painted, which have since returned. All of this is now heaped on the table as well, in disarray, since I do not have the proper base sizes to base the figs. I have grown accustomed to Litko bases, and no longer have the desire to cut my own, so these have sat while waiting for me to figure out what I need and place an order.

Hopefully, I will be able to begin breaking down the backlog soon. I placed the order with Litko a couple days ago, which will make it easy to finish up the Napoleonics and get them out of the way. A little more organizing after that and I should be able to use the near half of the table to set up a small game, which I am very anxious to do since I have Chris Parker's new rules draft for a revised edition of Day of Battle. He has some great ideas and I am excited at the prospect of playing around with them. But first I need to find the space, and maybe posting this picture will motivate (or shame) me into doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment