Saturday, October 30, 2010

Lancaster Geocaching - 10/30/10

I knew I would be going out to Lancaster for part of the day on this Saturday for the Fall In convention, and as long as I was going to be out there, I figured a little geocaching would be in order. I didn't want to do anything too difficult, so I lined up as many "park and grabs" as I could, and planned a route that would take me by as many of them as possible in the shortest period of time.

The attached track shows the route I took to accumulate 23 caches (and 3 DNFs - Did Not Finds). The blue square is the first cache of the day in Cochranville, followed by 1 west of Atglen, 3 in Gap and 3 northeast of Gap on the roundabout way to Intercourse. Intercourse was good for 5 finds and a pair of DNFs. From there I headed south and got one west of Paradise, and then went west on route 30 to get 7 in the area around the Lancaster Host hotel, which is where the convention was.

My short stay at the convention is documented in a separate post, but didn't last long and was pretty disappointing.

After leaving the hotel, I went east on route 30 and grabbed 2 final caches around Paradise, before ending the day with a DNF (the green square on the track). There is something wrong about ending on a DNF, but this was the last cache I had planned on the route, and I was due to be heading home.

As it was, I was out the door at 7am, and walking back in at 3pm, so all this was accomplished in a total of 8 hours at a location 1 hour from home, so two hours was pure driving and 2 hours was at the convention. The 23 finds in a day make it my second biggest day to this point. More than the numbers, though, I had a lot of fun doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment