Sunday, February 20, 2011

Crusades Project - Plans

I have been inactive in my wargaming for far too long. Now that we have gotten some family things straightened out that had things in a state of flux, I am ready to dive back into something.

First, I need to get an order out the Fernando Enterprises for painting. I don't have the time to paint quantity, so some of my figure stock needs to get on an airplane and go overseas. This will end up being 25mm Ottomans, 25mm Seven Years War, or 25mm Renaissance.

Second, I need to get back to work on helping Chris Parker out with his ideas for Day of Battle IV. In conjunction with this, I plan to rebase my 15mm Crusader and Saracen armies using the Impetus style basing that Chris is using. There is no real risk in doing this, as I have never really used these armies the way they are based now, and I have been anxious to base something on the kind of diorama-style bases that Impetus uses. I will try to use these newly rebased armies to do some playtesting of DoB4 as part of a small solo campaign.

Hopefully, between these little projects and the fact that Cold Wars is coming up in less than a month, I will get back on the hobby track.

2 comments:

  1. What 15mm crusaders are you thinking? Knights of St Johns or straight up Templars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACG: I have a motley assortment of various Syrians, Saladin-types, and allies. On the crusader side, it is more a collection of Frankish settlers than a specific crusading faction or knightly order. I have units of templars and hospitallers, but not an army of them by any means. Just a good assortment of stuff to do decent sized mix-and-match games. --Eric

    ReplyDelete