Friday, November 25, 2011

Hiking Tomorrow

Dave and I are planning on getting out tomorrow for what would be my first real hike since the Dakotas trip. On the one hand, that is disgraceful. On the other hand, I am excited about the prospect of actually getting out and doing something.

I was at the annual Friday-after-Thanksgiving get together with a bunch of old friends, including Dave, and we are not sure as yet where we will be going. Dave had a couple of ideas, as did I, but we didn't settle on anything. All I know for sure is that I am getting up at 6:00am and picking Dave up at 7:15. The rest remains to be seen.

The leading candidate at this point seems to be the Sunset Rocks hike in the Michaux State Forest west of Gettysburg. I am partly skeptical, as that is 2.5 hours driving each way... but it is a hike I have been wanting to do for a long time....

No comments:

Post a Comment