Thursday, October 25, 2012

Frankenstorm?

Well, the weather forecasters are happy. A combination of Hurricane Sandy coming up from the south, a big storm coming out of the west, and a blast of cold air coming down from Canada sets up the possibility (yet again) of the world coming to an end sometime late this weekend or early next week. Last I heard, we could get 3 feet of rain followed by 10 feet of snow all the while getting winds that will knock down any tree taller than me. In addition to canceling Halloween, we may have power outages lasting through Thanksgiving and jeopardizing the Christmas holiday season. Needless to say, the kids are not pleased. I have assured them that everything will be ok and that we will almost certainly be able to leave the house by New Years, provided of course that our french toast supply holds out.

I would stay and write more, but I need to get to the store and buy eggs, milk and bread before they sell out.

[PS (Fri 10/26/12) - Why do I have a bad feeling that we are now going to lose power for days?]

No comments:

Post a Comment