Thursday, October 18, 2012

Guitar - Observations

Having spent a decent bit of spare time noodling around on my various guitars recently, I have come to the following conclusions (some relevant, some less so):
  • I'm not very good. Not very good at all...
  • ...but I do have a good feel for music. I just need to practice enough to turn that aptitude into the ability to play.
  • I have so very much to learn...
  • ...but I want to learn.
  • My Strat is a very very very nice guitar (yep, it's worth at least three verys).
  • The Les Paul is a very nice guitar.
  • The ES-335 copy is what I hoped it would be after all. Thankfully. Dreams die hard...
  • My technique stinks. I hold the pick wrong, put my fingers in the wrong place, hold the neck wrong in the left hand... some of which can be fixed... some of which, after 30 years of bad habits, will need to be accommodated for. On the bright side, watching YouTube concert footage of some of my guitar idols seems to indicate that their technique isn't text book either. This is a good thing.
  • I am thankful for Dave's experience in being ahead of me on the learning curve (way way ahead). He can drag me along with him, at least a little bit...
So... I am grateful for Dave, and for YouTube lessons, and just wish I had more time....

No comments:

Post a Comment