Saturday, May 24, 2014

Painting Table Saturday - May 24 - Panzers in Normandy

Following up on the great game of Fireball Forward! we had here last weekend, I have had a very strong urge to paint up some WW2 stuff. This is rare, as I really don't enjoy painting 15mm figs very much, and since I don't do it very often, I am not very good at it. The difference in scale makes for a very different kind of painting than the 25mm/28mm figs I am used to, at least in my mind.

Tanks and vehicles, on the other hand, are fun to paint, and can be cranked out to a pretty good level of quality in a reasonable amount of time. Given that these little guys are about an inch and a half long, I am going for a nice level of gaming quality as opposed to teeny works of art. These are generally viewed, en masse, from several feet away, after all.

I will post more on exactly how I did these, but for now I want to get back to the painting table...

The goal of today's hobby time is to turn more of these:
Selections from the lead mountain


Into more of these:
Panzer IV's prowl a Norman road

The Fireball Forward! scenario book on St Lo has been an inspiration, and I need lots more armor and other vehicles of all types.

No comments:

Post a Comment