Monday, May 4, 2020

Art Bits

A couple of art bits.

I finished the 16" by 20" oil painting over the weekend, after giving the first pass time to (mostly) dry. I like it. It does suffer from the fact that I didn't really know where I was going when I deviated from the Clive5art acrylic painting tutorial that it was based on. Composition is an issue. That being said, it was a good practice piece for using oils. I'm wondering if I can add a faded tiny sailing ship in the distance...
Finished oil painting?

Earlier tonight, while half watching a random show on Food Network, I did a couple of quick, loose, impressionistic sketches.

First is a 9" by 12" piece using mainly Artist's Loft alcohol-based markers, with a few pricier Copic markers mixed in. As an aside, the Copic markers as SOOOOO much nicer...
Distant Mountains (markers)

Second is a 6" by 8" colored pencil sketch using Prismacolor Premier pencils.
Distant Mountains (pencils)

I figured as long as I was just killing time, I should at least do some doodling. Better to practice than to just think about practicing. Which I still do too much of.

No comments:

Post a Comment