Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day and a Painting

Today is Mother's Day, and we had a nice relaxing morning.

While Amp enjoyed coffee in bed catching up on some TV watching, I went into the basement to attempt another rendition of the messy little abstract Provence painting I did in acrylics the other day. About an hour later, I had this little 8 by 10 in oils.
Provence (oils, 8 by 10)

Later in the morning, we had a nice Mother's Day brunch. I made buttermilk biscuits for this first time, which turned out wonderful. I'll have to do that again. The dough came together in the time it took to preheat the oven, and they baked in 10 minutes.
Buttermilk biscuits

Along with the fresh biscuits, I am omelets for everyone. In this case, a ham, mushroom and cheese for Julia.
Mothers Day omelet

For the rest of the day, we'll probably just.....stay around the house.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone out there. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment