Saturday, September 11, 2021

Weekend Painting

Getting home from the GV football win last night required some "cool down" time before going to bed, so I painted a pair of very quick beach studies.

The first is a 6 by 8 canvas panel similar to what we see at the shore in Avalon every year. The shoreline is far too regular, but that can be easily fixed. I'll try to remember to post an "after" picture...

Beach in the Evening (oils on canvas panel, 6 by 8)

The second is a more dramatic 4 by 6 "postcard" of similar theme. I am content with painting similar content multiple times in the hope that I learn something from each effort and get better over time. The wet sand is too dark of a purple color, but in general I like it. I won't ever go back and touch up a 4 by 6.

Beach at Night (oils on canvas panel, 4 by 6)

Today, I started a couple more things, one of which is shown below. It is yet another version of a path through the fields. Again, it's a learning experience. This one was more about painting a foreboding sky that anything else...

The Road Goes Ever On (oils on canvas, 10 by 20)

Eagles season starts tomorrow. The first day of the hopefully-long Jalen Hurts era. We shall see. Go Birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment