Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Geocaching - 100 Finds

I had a day off from work today, and spent part of it geocaching up and down West Chester Pike with Ellen. I found a total of 7 caches, including my 100th find, which was an ugly little park and grab behind the East Goshen shopping center. In my semi-obsessed state of mind, it has taken me 41 days to accumulate my first 100 finds. I know that people can do this in a day, but it seems like a lot to me.

I also found "Twin Towers", an easy one near home that has been on my to-do list for a while now but has not gotten done because of my fear of snakes. There are a number of pictures of the "serpent guardian" of this cache, which appears to be a (non-poisonous) black snake longer than my arm. I went by this cache once before and saw a shed snakeskin draped over one of the stone towers and it looked like the remaining skin was at least 4 feet long. Googling black snakes and seeing that they can grow longer than that wasn't helpful. But today, on a milestone day, I got it done. I'm sure that being heckled into it helped a lot. And not a snake in sight...

No comments:

Post a Comment