Saturday, November 22, 2014

Paint Table Saturday - November 22, 2014

I surprised myself today by investing my little bit of hobby time in finishing the bases I have painted over the last couple of weeks instead of painting something new. Thankless work, but somebody has to do it. Plus, we are playing an Impetus game tomorrow evening and I want to use some of these figures, so, out of necessity...

First up are some rebased skirmish archers (Old Glory Eastern European peasant archer figures).
Generic skirmish archers

Then some of the same figures rebased as regular missile troops (Impetus basing).
Generic archers

Next, some Breton light cavalry (OG Breton sergeants) rebased two per stand.
Norman/Breton light cavalry

And a couple of Norman leader/banner bearer figures.
Norman leader and banner

Then the Ottoman sipahi sample stand that I put together as a taste of things to come. 15 more figures (5 more stands) are near completion, but I wanted to see what one completely finished stand looked like. I like it.
Ottoman armored Sipahis

Finally, the ubiquitous German knights (from the Mongols in Europe range). I hand painted the lance pennons to match the heraldry painted on the figures. A first for me, but I think it looks good.
German knights

And more knights.
More German knights

And lastly, all the new knights on parade. There are two stands that need to have Flag Dude banners added, but that is the final step, and will be done tomorrow.
Lots of German knights

Not a bad day's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment