Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Covid-19 Claims a Friend

I found out from a colleague at work that we lost a friend in Florida last night.

I'd known this person for about 20 years, and would consider him a friend and mentor. We worked together a lot over the years, as he held a number of leadership positions within the area that I support. The last time I saw him or spoke to him was at our national sales meeting in Washington DC in late January.

From what I was told, my friend retired from our company in mid-March. In the craziness of the past month, I wasn't aware of this. A couple weeks after retiring, he wasn't feeling well and had Coronavirus symptoms. He tested positive. Two days later he was in the hospital. Eight days later he died. He hadn't even been retired a month. I'm heartbroken for the wife, sons and granddaughters that he leaves behind.

You will be missed, my friend.

1 comment: