Saturday, April 4, 2020

Covid-19 Day 23

Today is Day 23 of our Covid-19 self-isolation/quarantine. Most importantly, we are all still doing fine.

Amp goes to work three mornings a week, which worries me a little. I work a full schedule at home. The kids now have online learning for school, with assignments, due dates and all that. After a couple weeks of optional review work, I think both are actually glad to have something that puts some structure back in their days (although they might not admit it).
Ryder getting some Spring sun

I go to the food store, Costco or Wegmans, about once every 5 days or so. That worries me too. Lots of things worry me, but perhaps not as much as I would have expected. I guess you get to a point where so much is out of your hands that you just resign yourself to seeing how things play out one day at a time.

On the bright side...we are spending a lot less on gas and putting very few miles on the cars. We are spending less on eating out, and are actually eating better since we are making our own meals and not eating any takeout junk. We're spending more money on groceries since all meals are in the house, but we aren't spending money on much else. Some necessities and not-so-necessaries via Amazon. Some mail order fabric and sewing supplies for Amp. Some art supplies for me. Grace is helping me cook, and baking with Amp. Julia is doing more chores. We are playing some games and watching TV and movies as a family, which we hadn't been doing too much of before.

We are also getting some stuff done around the house, notably finishing up repainting our finished basement. It's a large space, which I started a couple of months ago and got perhaps 3/4 done before getting sidetracked. And then this all happened. Last weekend I got back to working on the last small part of the main area, and then the stairwell. All that is left at this point is some trim painting which I expect to finish tomorrow. Stairwell trim may have to wait until an evening next week.
One last basement section to paint

I've also done a couple of simple watercolor painting "sketches", which is another first for me. They aren't horrible. Rudimentary beginner exercises, but not horrible. I find it fascinating how different my limited recent experiences in painting with oils, acrylics and now watercolors have been. I like different aspects of each, and will continue working on all of them as time allows.

As of now, I've got lots of time...

No comments:

Post a Comment