Thursday, September 17, 2009

Background Part 2, About Me

Below are a couple of pictures of me and my girls, Grace (the younger) and Julia (the older).

One of the happiest places on earth for me, filled with more good memories than I can count, is my parents' place on the Sassafrass River. The Sassafrass is on the upper eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay. The house has been in the family since the late 1950's when it was purchased as a vacation home by my grandfather, and I have been going there since I was three months old. Nothing is more fun than getting a bunch of friends and family together, getting out the fishing poles, and just relaxing. I have included a picture of one of the nicer things to catch on our tidal river, a baby Striped Bass (Rockfish). At certain times of the year, you can catch the little ones off of our front lawn or pier. The little ones are extremely aggressive for their size, and will hit a spinner or spoon like a ton of bricks. But if you want the big ones, you need to go out on the Bay. Five or six of the boys chartered a boat for an afternoon out on the Bay several years ago, but that is a story for another day. I must remember to harass brother Dave about doing that again...



Gracie has especially taken to fishing, and shows off her pro form below (at the ripe old age of five). For two or three consecutive outings this summer, Grace caught the largest fish (channel catfish). Way to go Gracie!

1 comment:

  1. Great catch Gracie! This looks like a great family outing Eric. My daughter is 4 and my son is 1 1/2.

    ReplyDelete