Friday, September 11, 2009

Painting Table Sept 11 2009 Part 2

Here is a prototype picture of a mostly finished crossbowman from the Italian mercenary unit I am working on. Sometimes I like to paint one complete figure from a unit to make sure the end result will be what I want before doing the rest of the unit. Impatient, I guess... I am taking some liberties here with the colorfulness of the outfit, but want to make this hired company stand out, and am justifying it as a successful unit that has cashed a few paychecks.

In addition to painting this stuff, there are some less glamorous tasks that need to get done. Pretty much my entire English HYW army, while painted and based, needs to have their bases tidied up, flocked and then given a final coat of matt varnish. Also, I need to make a whole bunch of hedge sections for the scenarios we are putting on.

No comments:

Post a Comment