Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Welcome

My primary hobby for the last bunch of years has been miniatures wargaming, or painting and fighting battles with toy soldiers. I actually spend considerably more time painting the figures than using them, and I have a notoriously short attention span for completing projects, so I intend to use this blog to focus my efforts a little bit as well as to let interested parties know what I am up to. Having never done anything of this sort before, this boring little tidbit is an exercise in using the tools and not making anything blow up. So far so good. Going forward, I will be posting pictures of games we play, painting efforts, and whatever else of a hobby-related nature that comes to mind. Or anything else for that matter.

The project on the docket at the moment, and one which has a due date, is to finalize the events that I will be running at HMGS's Fall In show in Gettysburg PA in November with my good friend Chris Parker. Chris is the author of the Day of Battle rules set (whose title I have shamelessly pilfered for the title of this blog) for medieval battles, and we will be running a pair of games at the convention based more or less on the battle of Poitiers (the Hundred Years War one, not the other). We need to nail down the orders of battle we will be using, finish painting the last few units needed, and then playtest and tweak the whole affair. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment