Monday, September 21, 2009

The Great Pyramid

This past Saturday, the family and I drove up to northern New Jersey to spend the day with my sister in law and her family for my niece's birthday. We got there in time for lunch, and then decided to head out to a local place called Alstede Farms. It turned out to be very similar to a local place we really like called Linville Orchards, with pick your own fruits and veggies, hay rides, pony rides, and all sorts of other carnival type stuff for the kids. We spent the afternoon, had a great time, and just generally enjoyed a beautiful early fall day.

Last week I posted an entry titled Living Life. In it I talked about some of the things that I wanted to do before my time is up. One item, having been an archaeology major in college, was to see the Great Pyramids. This is one of the things on the list that I don't expect will ever happen. So imagine my surprise and delight, only two days after posting that list, to pull into the parking lot of this farm, and see rising above me in all its majesty...the Great Pyramid...of Morris County NJ. My higher power apparently has a sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment