Thursday, October 1, 2009

Currently Reading - October 1, 2009

Half in Love (Stories) by Maile Meloy (Fiction, 2002). I have not read her before, but she has a new collection of stories out, and on reading a review of it, was impressed by the good press her earlier works have received. So I picked up an earlier novel and a story collection trolling on eBay. I read the first story last night and liked it.

As you will see, I read. A lot. And I'm enough of a dweeb about it to keep track of what I read; I'm not quite sure why. I think it has something to do with lists. I like the sense of order a good list represents. The ability to quantify and control that which may be otherwise uncontrollable. Preventing chaos through the proper application of pen and paper. Or something. Maybe some day when I'm bored I will list the fiction books I read last year (there were 54 of them). I'm way behind that pace this year - 24 with three months to go (but I do feel a reading binge coming on). I read a lot of history this year, and very little last year, which is part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment