Thursday, October 15, 2009

Goal for 2009 #2 (Hiking)

Hawk Mountain. I will go to Hawk Mountain this fall before the leaves go away, and will check out the raptor migration from the North lookout. A short hike should also be in order. Judging from a quick look at the trail map on the Hawk Mountain web site, it seems that a short loop comprising bits of the Skyline Trail, the Golden Eagle connector trail, and the end of the River of Rocks trail could make a baby hike, at a minimum.

Dave needs to be dragged to this (since I have no idea what I am doing, and someone needs to know where to search for the body!).

Update (10/16/09) - I have been corrected by brother Dave. My characterization of a "baby" hike, by looking at the relatively short map distance, does not take into account the effort involved. Rookie mistake. Let's call it a short distance hike then...

1 comment:

  1. No dragging will be necessary, I can't wait to get up there this fall. And I love the hike you mention, but it is *not* a baby hike. :-)

    http://daves-musings-etc.blogspot.com/2008/11/hawk-mountain-11108.html

    ReplyDelete