Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Yeah, That's What I Meant...

I was checking out reviews of The Song is You on Amazon last night, as I sometimes do after reading a book to see what others thought of it, and there was a comment in a review that struck a chord with me as "yes, that's it...". I think it concisely summarizes the effect music can have, and ties into some of what I was trying to get across in my earlier Moody Blues post.

The reviewer was paraphrasing an interview with the author, Arthur Phillips, and his thoughts on music, saying...

how each song revives a memory, a moment, a relationship; how a record can make you feel as insecure as the rainy day after 9th grade when you heard it, or a song can make you shake in longing for the person who shares the memory of that song with you.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment