Sunday, October 18, 2009

Currently Reading - October 18, 2009

I finished reading Ron Hansen's Isn't It Romantic? last night. The subtitle of the book is "an entertainment", and so from that perspective I guess it achieves its stated goal. The 190+ pages went very quickly, and it read in a lot of ways like the screenplay to a romantic comedy movie. Not great literature to be sure, but a nice enjoyable read. I have liked Ron Hansen's writing very much and look forward to reading some of his other books.

Not sure what to read next. Dave was over to watch the Eagles game today (a brutal loss to the awful Raiders) and left a couple of hiking books for me to look at, so I may well do that in and around the Phillies-Dodgers playoff game.

I bought a pair of Merrell trail shoes for day hiking yesterday and I am anxious to try them out. Reading Dave's blog on his Grand Canyon trip has made me very anxious to get out somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment