Thursday, April 14, 2011

Let's Go Flyers!!

Despite being a pretty big sports fan in some regards, I almost never post a blog entry on sports-related subjects. But my beloved Flyers start the 2011 post season tonight against the Buffalo Sabres. We are a 2 seed against a 7 seed. We (using the term "we" loosely) are a team loaded with young talent and veteran leadership, and during the course of the regular season were in first place in the conference for most of the year. But my boys stumbled pretty badly down the stretch, and now I don't know what to expect. Is this the team that was on pace to have the best season ever for a Flyers team, or is this the team that limped into the playoffs looking like it might have trouble beating a club team? I don't know. And being a lifelong Philadelphia sports fan, I have been conditioned to expect the worst. But I should expect more, right? We're better. We have home ice advantage. We have a coach that has won a Stanley Cup. With Carolina of all places. How do they even have ice down there? So... Keep the faith. Expect to win. Let's Go Flyers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment