Over the past month or so I...
- Began removing 15mm Crusades figures from their old bases in order to re-base on Impetus style bases. I've barely scratched the surface of what needs to be done.
- Began making a pair of 4 foot by 3 foot desert terrain boards to make a four by six battlefield. Sand has been glued and base coat (mostly) painted on. Needs painting and dry brushing to complete.
- Began painting a half dozen or so mounted Saracen leaders for the Crusades. None completed.
- I did buy ready to use desert terrain items at Cold Wars, so in that regard I have made progress even though I didn't do much other than pull out my wallet.
- Noticed the half finished units of Ottoman heavy infantry and Janissary archers sitting off on the side of the painting table from about a year ago and put a little time in on them. Still not done of course. But closer.
- Caught part of The Two Towers movie on TV and decided I just absolutely had to paint some Riders of Rohan immediately. Did a test fig as documented here, liked the result and set out to do 7 more. These were actually finished last night and just need their bases to be finished.
- Was so pleased with how the Rohan figs turned out and realized that they have no painted enemies to face, so began painting 25 or 30 Isengard uruk-hai. These will be easy to paint using the dip method and a very limited (and dark) color palette. Then I will need more Rohan, then more Isengard, then more Rohan...
- Played a fantastic game of Fire and Fury (Civil War) and remembered how much fun those games always are. Remembered also that I need to upgrade the quality (and quantity) of this piece of my collection, especially as far as the Union side is concerned. Began plotting and planning a purchase.
- Went out to Gettysburg for a day and a half seminar. I am now fully immersed in ACW and have been rereading Regimental Fire and Fury with an eye towards that being our next group game.
So. Have I finished much of anything? Not really, although the Rohan figs prevent me from having to admit to having finished nothing at all. And after a hiatus of many months of very little hobby activity in general, and even less painting activity, I am glad that things are sort of back to... well... normal.