Thursday, February 25, 2021

Failing is OK

I've been working lots of hours this week, and I got to the end of the day and wanted to paint something to relax. So I sat down with a blank 8 by 10 canvas panel, no particular thought in my head, and...proved that perhaps you need to have some sort of plan before simply starting to throw paint around. After perhaps 20 or 30 minutes of wasting some paint and a panel, I did something that I haven't done in months - I threw the panel in the trash, cleaned the two brushes I had been using, and walked away.

And that's OK. I was impatient, unprepared, mentally in a worn out state, and the outcome was predictable enough. But I tried. Better luck tomorrow.

Lastly, a random picture from the past: Leo, Ted and Dave hiking Theodore Roosevelt National Park, North Unit, summer of 2011.

TRNP North Unit, 2011
Maybe I should paint this...

No comments:

Post a Comment