Monday, February 1, 2021

Finishing up Scottsbluff

In the interests of moving on to the next painting, I think this will be the end of this one (cough cough).

Near Scottsbluff, Nebraska, July 2011

The bluff on the right still needs some work, so when this dries I will probably not be able to resist the temptation to revisit it, but who knows... Yeah, OK, I know. I look at the geologic stratification lines and they are too regular, so something will need to be done to break them up a little. But that is a story for another day.

In the meantime, at least the picture is taken with a good color balance, and is a good representation of what the painting actually looks like.
As for what comes next, I have been going through the hundreds of pictures taken on the Dakotas trip in 2011, and the number of these good quality pictures that could be turned into a sketch or painting is dozens at least. So be prepared to see some Dakotas paintings in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment