Sunday, February 14, 2021

Painting Workspace

So as not to find myself stuck in the basement while painting, I have commandeered (with approval) one end of the dining room table.

Dining Room Studio

The table is covered with a plastic-coated disposable table cloth and my end has a few thicknesses of canvas house painter's tarp. My table easel is a homemade contraption with the main part being a 24 inch square piece of thin plywood with a small shelf in front. This is heavy and rock-solid, and can probably hold a canvas far larger than I would choose to attempt to paint on. I know it holds a 16 by 20 inch canvas without budging.

There are some brushes and paints on the table, as well as a gray-tinted glass palette to the right. The palette is only 9 by 12 inches, and it hasn't taken me long to realize that I need a larger version of the same palette. A 9 by 12 palette sounds fairly big but it's not.

Anytime that I note that a picture has been taken in bad light, the yellowish dim light at night on this table easel is what I am taking about (see my post from earlier tonight on the little painting that can be seen here). When I take a better picture elsewhere in daylight, the results are far better.

No comments:

Post a Comment