Saturday, February 8, 2014

Painting Table Saturday - Feb 8 - Knights Finished

Six stands new/refurbished German knights
Between some time sent on them last weekend, and an hour or so this morning, I was finally able to finish the batch of knights that have been on the painting table for the last few weeks. These six stands consist of 11 older figures that have been re-done, and 7 new banner bearer, musician and lancer figures to fill out the bases. As I worked on these, the simple clean up on the older figures turned into a much more substantial re-paint than I had intended, thus they took longer, but I am pleased with the result.

All that remains to be done is to spray the figures with matte varnish, add lance pennons to the lances, and flock the bases. Once that is done I will take final pictures and add these figures to the Medieval Gallery page.

Now I need to figure out what to work on next. I have another few stands of these older German knights to break down, refurbish and add to, but I am a little burned out on knights at the moment. At this point I have no idea what to do next, and have about a hundred things to choose from. I can't even say that I have a few leading contenders in mind. Later tonight or tomorrow I will choose something. Maybe if I wander down to the basement and look around, something will speak to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment