- Must remember to fish on a somewhat regular basis.
- Have been talking about canoeing for years. This needs to be the year to get it done.
- Must hike on a routine basis. Good exercise and just nice to be outdoors.
- Fight my inner introvert. Get out with friends more.
- Must find a way back into gaming Napoleonics, one of my true gaming loves. Got away from this for quite a while now due to not having a rules set that has the right combination of tactical flavor without a burdensome amount of detail. I have to find a rules set that works.
- From a hobby perspective, I need to not get too hung up on planning and "what I should be doing". It's an organic thing. Let it go where it wants to go. If that means jumping from project to project, so be it. Within reason.
- Live in the moment. Be less concerned with where you have been and where you are going and remember to live each day as it comes.
- Take another real vacation. The family deserves it.
- In addition to hiking, I would like to join Dave and the guys on an overnight backpacking trip at some point to see if I like the camping part. I think I will.
- Keep a dedicated painting area set up so that when the mood strikes to paint a little bit, I have something set up and ready to go. I have typically done most of my painting by having stuff on a corner of the dining room table. This doesn't work well for me or Amp.
- Simplify my life. For some reason as the new year begins, I am struck by the feeling that I have accumulated too much stuff, and am feeling the overwhelming desire to purge. A spring cleaning bug that has bitten early - strike while the iron is hot.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
2010 - The Year to Come
Random thoughts on the upcoming year, again in no particular order.