Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Reading Goals for 2010

All this writing about books makes me think about what I would like to accomplish in 2010 as far as literature and reading goes, so without further ado:
  1. In order to broaden my horizons, I will try to read ten books by authors I have not read before.
  2. In order to keep up with what is new, I will read at least ten books published in 2010 (or that have a 2010 first US edition).
  3. Seeing that I did not read anything in calendar year 2009 that was published further back than 1980, I will try to read a couple of books from the 1970's or earlier. Classics perhaps.
  4. I will read at least 30 books, or an average of 2.5 per month.

Nothing here is a real stretch, but it is good to have goals, however trivial.

No comments:

Post a Comment